The Committee has met regularly through 2018, continuing its regular review and planning of all the services across the year, the weekly routine, the major festivals and the special services. Some key points noted in our meetings have been:
• The previous Rector’s reflections on developments in worship during her time with us.
• Discussions relating to the arrangements for worship as we returned to the church, particularly managing the Holy Week and Easter services before the whole building was fully available.
• The particular success of Messy Church on Good Friday and the need to adapt Good Friday timings to enable it to be held in church rather than the Porch Room.
• Trying to re-establish “Experience” events, as the School values them very much.
• Continued difficulty in staffing Junior Church.
• Prayer vigils have continued successfully through the year.
Otherwise it has mainly been a matter of sustaining existing work while we awaited the arrival of a new Rector. We look forward to working with Father Howard to take forward the way we worship together and provide new opportunities for others to experience and develop their spirituality.