Minchinhampton Players Debut
As you know, for the last nine years, we have been raising funds for your Market House – starting with several Quality Fayres, followed by events such as:
• One/two night performances by travelling artists such as ‘The European Arts Company’, ‘La Navete Bete’, ‘Miss Haversham’s Ghosts’. All designed to appeal to different audiences.
• Specialist performances such as the illusionist, Bertie Pearce, the ‘Real Roald Dahl Show’ run by Brough Girling & Alan Vaughan with the local school children, ‘An Evening with…’ shows such as that with Steven Davis (author of BBC ‘Waking the Dead’) and Fashion Shows.
• The Literary Lunches. These have now become a regular fixture although we left the Committee many years ago.
During this period, we have raised thousands of pounds for this beautiful and iconic building. We still care deeply about the Market House and are continuing to raise money for its Development Fund in the hope that it will continue to thrive and survive as a social centre, not nose dive.
Now there is a new venture – a new community-driven amateur Drama Society has been formed, ‘The Minchinhampton Players’. It was Sue’s dream to bring back Drama to the Market House, so thank you to all those who have made it happen. This is yet another funding arm to aid the Market House with its Development Fund, helping to improve this beautiful 17th. century building in the centre of our town.
So, we are pleased to announce that:
• Their first offering will be a play, ‘Murdered to Death'; and that it is now in rehearsal, with an excellent cast of local people. For the play, there will be three performances – one on Friday November 10th. and two (includes a matinee) on Saturday November 11th. Tickets will be on sale from October 1st. at The Market Stores.
• An hilarious review will follow in the Spring next year, written by local authors.
Should any of you feel you would like to join, or to help sponsor ‘The Minchinhampton Players’ to help their first performance come to fruition, please contact Sue or Tony Simmonds at:
Please help us to help your Market House.
Thank you, Sue and Tony Simmonds.